Sunday, January 1, 2012

gratitude:memory of the heart

"Every time we remember to say “thank you”, we experience nothing less than heaven on earth"

"Gratitude is the best attitude. There is not a more pleasing exercise of the mind than gratitude. It is accompanied with such an inward satisfaction that the duty is sufficiently rewarded by the performance."

"Gratitude is the memory of the heart."

Such joy I have felt on the very first of January, 2012. I can't explain how happy I am but my hands got cold and... and.. I am still like oh-my-gosh! 

I look up to a lot of artists.. from the local ones to those who are already known world wide because of the inspiration they give to young aspiring artists like me. I spend a lot of time on the internet, learning things, learning more with editing, looking for inspirations, searching for incredible artists and etc. 

One of the artists that I idolized most is Brooke Shaden, she is truly an inspiration.. from the very start that I am learning photography, I wanted to deliver something that isn't the usual.. something surreal but I don't know yet how to deliver them I thought that I have to have all these expensive stuffs to produce a certain image that I want to deliver, but NO! after all that I have discovered with some foreign artists, including miss Brooke.. we don't have to have all those expensive gadgets to produce a very unique image! 

ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR IMAGINATION. and the rest are just materials and mediums...

So anyway, Brooke Shaden had this 2011:a year in photos project wherein she gathers photos from all aspiring artists all around the world to showcase their works and to inspire more people. So I happen to pass an entry which is this...


but then after I did this shoot with Deankie Latonio, 
I wanted to change my first entry to this photo..


But to my surprise, my two photos were included in her video!!!

I just can't describe of how happy I am that I was a part of something that I never thought I will be at.. I mean, my photos got included to the photo sets wherein fine art photographers' works all around the world are also at..

So here's the video by Brooke Shaden.. I hope the people that will read this blog will get inspired the way I got inspired with her and all of the artists I look up to too.

7:08 and 7:11
my photos were at this part of the video..





Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the video is "thank you" not only to the greatest Being up above but to the people who have been believing in me.

She also did a list of contributors of her video on her blog..
I am soooo happy coz my levitation photo and my name are in it.

BrookeShaden's blog


This is my greatest new year so far! This may be just a something to pros but for me, this is a
very great inspiration and motivator to do more this 2012 and for the upcoming years..
Yes, I am a huge dreamer! ;)

And these dreams cannot be and will never be realized if it weren't for these people..

1. my mother, who's always been my greatest inspiration and motivator
2. AJ that has been very supportive in everything I do
3. Tiara, who's always been my muse and forever will be :)
4. Shena Capetillo, one of the best people I have ever met. Such an inspiration too!
5. Guada, the most supportive friend everrrrr! thank you guads! so much!
6. Dierrek who's always been my photo buddy and always been answering my questions HAHAHA

and to Lou, Jhowboi, Jay, Pryle and Erven (my bestest friends)..
and of course to Deankie Latonio who is in the Levitation photo, thank you so much! I know he had a very hard time doing the shoot coz of what i instructed him to do.. but he understood my concept and story and realized it very well! thank you so much dynxxx! so much! 

I have never expected that my year would start this great coz I usually encounter normal new years but this year is special.. I know, it will be.. and the following years too! 

I can't thank everyone enough especially the One up above.. 

"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues"












No comments: